RCDHU is issuing an advisory for potential COVID-19 exposure
Today, Renfrew County and District Health Unit (RCDHU) confirms one positive laboratoryconfirmed case of novel coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19) in Renfrew County and District (RCD)
has been linked to possible exposures. RCDHU is issuing an advisory after confirmation that a
person who tested positive for COVID-19 visited the following locations:
• 100 Maple Avenue, North (Pembroke): Monday, May 10, 2021 to Tuesday, May 25, 2021.
• 102 Maple Avenue, North (Pembroke): Monday, May 10, 2021 to Tuesday, May 25, 2021.
RCDHU is requesting all residents of 100 Maple Avenue North and 102 Maple Avenue North,
Pembroke, ON immediately self-isolate and seek COVID-19 testing and wait for further
direction from Public Health. RCDHU is asking all residents to:
• Immediately self-isolate and arrange for testing.
• Stay home. Do not go to work, school, child care, or public places. You can go outside,
but you must stay on your own property. Do not walk around the neighbourhood.
• Avoid contact with others. No visitors unless deemed essential (e.g., care providers),
stay in a separate room away from other people within your household, use a separate
bathroom if possible.
• If these steps are not possible, maintain a distance of 2 metres from others at all times.
• Keep your distance. If you are in a room with other people, keep a distance of at least
2 metres and wear a mask or face covering that covers your nose and mouth.
• Wash your hands often with soap and water or an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
If you visited this location during these times, please self-monitor for symptoms.
If you develop symptoms, immediately self-isolate and contact Renfrew County Virtual Triage Assessment
Centre (RCVTAC) at 1-844-727-6404 or RCDHU at 613-735-8654 or 1-800-267-1097 to arrange for
All necessary precautions are being followed to ensure the safety of the residents and the
public. RCDHU is conducting case and contact management with appropriate individuals
and organizations. All affected parties will receive specific instructions on self-isolation and selfmonitoring based on exposure.
Remember, we need to work together to stop the spread of COVID-19. Stay home. Stay Safe.
Save lives. In addition to public health measures set out in the provincial shutdown, it is
imperative that everyone do their part to keep the community safe; stay home if they are sick,
avoid contact with people who are ill, practice physical distancing (2 metres), wear a
mask/face covering when physical distancing cannot be maintained, wash their hands, use
the COVID Alert App, and if you are symptomatic, complete the COVID-19 self-assessment
tool or COVID-19 school and child care screening tool before going to work, school or
daycare, to monitor for symptoms and proper guidance.
For more information, visit RCDHU’s website at https://www.rcdhu.com/novel-coronaviruscovid-19-2/ or call 613-732-3629 or 1-800-267-1097.
Renfrew County and District Health Unit