North Algona Wilberforce COVID – 19 Update
Starting January 5th, the province moved back to Step 2 of the Plan to Reopen Ontario.
The Premier, the Minister of Health along with the Ontario Chief Medical Officer of Health are giving a harsh warning that things are going to get worse before they get better regarding Covid-19. They stress that the rapid spread of the new variant of the virus cannot be stopped. Ontario’s plan is to slow it as much as possible to try to reduce the stress on the health care system and workers.
The most important first line of defence remains vaccination and booster shots.
The secondary defence is the wearing of masks, physical distancing, disinfection, cleaning and following safety protocols.
The province has ordered restrictions and mandatory safety protocols.
North Algona Wilberforce is taking a due diligence approach and implementing new protocols and procedures along with keeping existing programs in place.
- Residents are being asked to call before coming to the office if possible.
- The public will continue to be able to conduct business at the Township office providing safety protocols are followed.
- The Golden Lake office will remain open on Wednesdays with enhanced protocols.
- There will be no public in-person meetings until further notice.
- There also will be no facility rentals.
- Building and septic inspections will still take place; however, residents are asked to wait if the inspections are not time sensitive.
- By-law patrols to ensure compliance to provincial requirements for inside and outside gatherings are being followed.
- Township waste transfer sites are continuing operations using protocols and procedures put in place last spring.
- Township office staff are working from home where possible.
- Public works and the Fire Department are operating as normal with some enhanced protocol.
- The Covid Cottage Watch Program is available to seasonal residents who request the service
Please adhere to all COVID protocols and Stay Safe.