Place Categories: Education and Parks & RecreationPlace Tags: Hiking, Outdoor, and Trails
To foster an ethic of responsible environmental stewardship, by providing educational programming and self-directed learning to educational groups, community organizations, and the public at large. In conjunction with the foregoing, to teach sustainable forestry practices that manage the social, economic, and ecological values provided by forests.
We support the concept of maintaining undisturbed forest areas as living examples of old-growth forest available for the study and appreciation of their unique cultural and scientific values.
- The Shaw Woods OEC is a registered charitable, not for profit organization managed by a board of directors.
- The Shaw Woods OEC was incorporated in 2010.
- The property has been in the Shaw Family since 1847.
- For over a century the site included a working farm with a water-powered sawmill and grist mill.
- The site includes 50 hectares of old-growth forest and 160 hectares of wetlands and mixed forest.
- The 14 km network of trails is maintained by a team of volunteers.
- Trail Guides and Maps
- The site is open year-round, dawn to dusk.
- Some trails are occasionally closed for special events.
- There is no charge for parking or access to the site.
- Washrooms are available on site.
- Cell reception available over much of the site.
- School Program Information.
- 2065 Bulger Rd, Eganville, ON
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.